This Sunday we will have the opportunity to celebrate communion together as a part of our 9:30 a.m. live-streamed worship service– but we’ll again be doing so online since we’re still in this rather unusual time. We are glad for the opportunity to participate again in something that followers of Jesus have been celebrating for over 2000 years, as we focus on the atoning death of our Savior.
We will not be together physically but WE WILL be together spiritually, sharing in God’s Word.
We thought that you might have have questions about how we are going to do this (and whether you or your kids should participate). We also want to share some ideas on how to appropriately prepare for communion this Friday. So, we put together this “Communion at Home Guide” for you.
- Prepare your own bread and cup to use during the communion time.
- Before the service, spend time prayerfully reflecting on the sacrifice of Jesus. We encourage you to read passages like Luke 22:7-20 and 1 Corinthians 11: 23-28 to help you prepare as well.
- Spend time examining your heart before the service. We believe that the Communion meal is for believers, members of Christ’s body, who are sincerely following Him.
- Talk to your kids about communion. Perhaps share your story of coming to faith in Christ with them (and guide them as to whether they themselves should participate at this time).
- Join us for our online service this Sunday at 9:30 a.m.!
We’re so looking forward to worshipping together with you, as we share in music of worship, receive God’s Word and celebrate communion together. And even more, we are looking forward to when we can gather together in the very best way — in person once again — including around the Lord’s Table.
Last updated June 4th, 2020 at 03:13 pm