Who can come: Exiting 6th to Exiting 8th Graders
Check in: 5PM on July 7
Pick up: 12PM on July 13
What’s different about IMPACT Lansing? It’s half mission trip, half summer camp. Each day includes serving in the morning, games and competitions in the afternoon, and powerful worship services in the evening. IMPACT Lansing provides a unique, affordable experience with an unbeatable location. With South Church serving as our host, we are able to keep the cost of this all-inclusive event to an affordable $249.
IMPACT Lansing is in its 11th year of serving the Greater Lansing community. For one week, students throughout Lansing will come together to impact our city by serving in a variety of ways – working at food banks, local shelters, soup kitchens, group homes, community gardens and more!
Fun is a constant at IMPACT Lansing, but our afternoon team competitions bring it front and center! Students are split into groups at the beginning of the week and battle one another in a series of challenging, exciting and wild team games. Beyond the results, each team is scored on its sportsmanship, effort, and spirit!
Each evening’s worship session include opportunities to reflect on the day’s activities, excellent speakers sharing truth and their own experiences, and powerful musical worship. This meaningful time helps connect the service and fellowship each day with the source of our hope and strength.
What to bring:
- Each person can bring ONE large duffel bag or medium size suitcase.
- Air mattress or cot if you want (single size mattresses only.)
- Pillow & sleeping bag or sheets and blanket.
- Modest bathing suit (girls, this means a one piece or a tankini, otherwise a t-shirt over the suit.)
- Two different outfits for each day are recommended (one to work/play in, and one to wear afterward. No spaghetti strap tank tops, low cut or mid-rift shirts, short shorts, or t-shirts with offensive messages or images.)
- Modest pajamas
- Tennis shoes
- Shower shoes
- Towel & washcloth
- Soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- Work or garden gloves
- Pen or pencil/ journal or notebook
- Medication (please give a list of medications you are bringing and a list of directions when you check in.)
- Camera (if desired)
- Spending money (if desired)
What NOT to bring:
- Cell phones. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Video game systems
- iPods, Mp3 players, etc. will ONLY be allowed at bedtime (No secular music allowed. If you are caught listening to something we find inappropriate, we will keep your device for the rest of the week)