Impact Lansing 2018
For one week, Jr. High students will impact our city by serving our community in different ways. There will be tons of opportunities to serve at the Mid Michigan Food Bank, local shelters and soup kitchens, group homes, community gardens, and more throughout the week.
What’s different about Impact Lansing is that it is half mission trip and half summer camp. There will be meaningful service opportunities, large group games and competitions, and powerful evening services with worship, video, and a message. Students will stay at South Church during the week.
Click here to download the Student Registration form. Registration will be open until June 10. A summary of the packing list is below.
What to bring:
- ONE large duffel bag or medium size suitcase
- Sleeping bag or sheets and blanket and pillow
- Air mattress or cot if you want (we will be sleeping on the church floor)
- Modest bathing suit (girls, this means a one piece or a tankini)
- Two different outfits for each day are recommended (one to work/play in, and one to wear after we’re done working)
- Modest pajamas
- Tennis shoes
- Old jeans or hospital scrubs (clothes to work in)
- Paint clothes that can be ruined
- Shower shoes
- Towel and washcloth
- Soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- Work or garden gloves
- Pen or pencil
- Journal or notebook
- Medication (please give a list of medications you are bringing and a list of any medications that need to be taken daily)
- Camera (if desired)
- Spending money (if desired)
What NOT to bring:
- Cell phones
- Video game systems of any kind
- iPods will ONLY be allowed at bedtime (No secular music allowed. If you are caught listening to something we find inappropriate, we will keep your iPod for the rest of the week)
Last updated May 7th, 2018 at 12:45 pm