Church membership is about belonging to one another and becoming like Jesus. It is the way for individual Christians to make their formal commitment to the South Church family. In becoming a church member, individuals express their submission to the leadership of the church in accordance with the teaching of Scripture and the doctrinal statement of South Church.
- Requirements for South Church Membership:
- Personal profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Committed to corporate worship and personal devotion to Christ and His Word.
- Baptism as a believer—at South Church we practice believer’s baptism by immersion. According to the command of Jesus himself and consistent with New Testament teaching, those who have consciously turned from their sin and put their personal faith in Jesus Christ should be baptized as an outward sign of their commitment to Him as Savior and Lord.
- Membership Course—attend The Membership Course that is normally offered three times during the year. The dates for the next Membership Course are:
Saturday, September 23 8:30-11:00 am Informational Breakfast Sunday, October 1 9:35-10:45 am Session 2 Sunday, October 8 9:35-10:45 am Session 3 Sunday, October 15 9:35-10:45 am Session 4
Please contact Marilyn Wagner with questions about church membership.
The Membership Course RSVP HERE